Black wiremold

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just curious, Did you paint it before or after you installed it? If you painted before I would imagine you'd have to paint it at least the day before for the paint to cure properly. Then you have to paint all the fittings and touch up scratches. What a PITA.:happyyes:

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Just curious, Did you paint it before or after you installed it? If you painted before I would imagine you'd have to paint it at least the day before for the paint to cure properly. Then you have to paint all the fittings and touch up scratches. What a PITA.:happyyes:
Natural wiremold gets dinged up when you install it too. Sherwin Williams sells Wiremold TouchUp paint that matches the tan.

kwired

Electron manager
I remember once we fit everything then disassembled all of it and then painted it.

Each job has it's factors that change decisions though.

Certain colors, even if Wiremold makes them, may still be faster or easier to use whatever is in stock and paint it.

I have gotten black plugmold strips before.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I remember once we fit everything then disassembled all of it and then painted it.

Each job has it's factors that change decisions though.

Certain colors, even if Wiremold makes them, may still be faster or easier to use whatever is in stock and paint it.

I have gotten black plugmold strips before.
Still seems like a PITA. How long did you wait for the paint to dry?

kwired

Electron manager
Still seems like a PITA. How long did you wait for the paint to dry?
I honestly don't know as it was probably about 25 years ago. But if doing same job today may just paint it and come back next day to install, but this was in a choir loft in a church in middle of week so leaving things out for a day wasn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.