Bond of Equipotential Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple

Building is located at a camping site and has 10 bathrooms for the campers and is on a concrete slab with wood framing, some bathrooms will be ADA compliant with grab bars. Should 547.10 be applied?

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I think it would fall under just plain ordinary construction rules. It's a building. All the showers &c are indoors? Even with a lot of gaps at the tops of the walls, it's still indoors.

What kind of water heaters? Gas? Electric? How many?

Throne, Sink, and Shower? No bathtubs, I hope!

What's the layout like? Central hall with doors to the individual bathrooms? No common shower area? In that case, I'd run as much as you can through the central hall, with J-boxes branching off to each bathroom. You could keep the central hallway as a 'dry' location, but you'd be much better off classing the entire building as 'wet.'

I'd call the bathrooms 'wet,' so almost everything better be waterproof! Yes, it'll -all- get wet. Get a Troop of Boy Scouts having a splash party, and it better be water proof!

And there will come a time when you find a bathroom completely trashed, such that just opening the door takes an act of will. You will want to take a hose with hot water and just spray down the entire room, and try to get whatever is on the floor down a drain without touching it!

Oh-- drains-- one in the bathroom (on the floor) in the shower area, another just for luck. At least 1 or 2 in the common area.

Hmm.. I've been assuming this hasn't been built yet! Is it?

kwired

Electron manager
Part of reason the rules in 547 are there is because unlike people, larger livestock has four feet on the ground, no shoes, and potentially much longer distance between any two of those feet than most humans will ever have. That means they can touch two points farther apart than people can, and when/if there is a voltage gradient in the surfaces around you that is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.