Bonding a partial above ground pool directly abutting a building

thundata

Occupation
Owner/Builder
I have a situation where the gunite pool sits 27" above grade, flush with raised decking. The bond beam directly butts against the building so there is no way to run a perimeter bond loop 3' from the inside wall and 6" below grade that is typical. What do you do in this situation where the inspector is going to want to see a buried 8-gauge copper loop?

thundata

Occupation
Owner/Builder
Well I was coming to this forum for a bit of creative problem solving, backed up by some NEC application. Anyone here have any expertise for this unique type of bonding situation, or even how one would go about bonding a roof-deck pool?

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
I have a situation where the gunite pool sits 27" above grade, flush with raised decking. The bond beam directly butts against the building so there is no way to run a perimeter bond loop 3' from the inside wall and 6" below grade that is typical. What do you do in this situation where the inspector is going to want to see a buried 8-gauge copper loop?
Hopefully 3’ is not typical. It is required to be installed 18”-24” from inside wall of pool.

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
Surfaces to be bonded are horizontal from pool. Does not include areas separated from pool by barriers, buildings, etc. 680.26(B)(2).