bonding between buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was called today because i have a house with a detatched garage the demarc for both phone and catv is in the garage (builders choice not mine)
the inspector wants me to bond both feeds where they enter the house through a conduit from the garage at both ends i cannot find anywhere in section 800 where it says i have to do that i have provided a #6 copper at the demarc can some one shed some light on this i am feeling a bit dumb about now

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Sorry Wirenut but I'm not following what you're being asked to do. What do you mean by "bond both feeds"?

Welcome to the forum.:)

clarification

clarification

does 800.93 state the metal sheath shall be grounded. when i extended the phone and cable from the garage to the house i used cat 5 and rg 6 there is no metal sheath and since its grounded at the demarc would grounding the if there was a meatal sheath on the cables between the 2 structures create a parallel ground path btw the structures are no more than 20 feet apart

Jhaney

From the way I understand it you are required to ground it at the demarc and at the entrace to the structure but if the demarc is your entrance than you need to only ground it once at that location

Status
Not open for further replies.