Bonding bushings on SERs for sub panels?

Danielinho

Occupation
Electrician
Good morning. I’m working on an apartment complex that has about 200 units. The electrical inspector failed us because we didn’t have a bonding bushing on the electrical panels( sub panels). We have SERs with Romex connectors. I thought we were in compliance. SERs are not raceways, what did I miss? He made us install bonding bushings to all sub panels.
Thanks in advance

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
They're not required. If the voltage is below 250 volts to ground they wouldn't be required even if you had a metallic raceway and concentric or eccentric KO's. In fact no bushing is required with an SE cable connector. And what exactly does the inspector think that the bonding bushing is actually bonding?

Christoph

Master Electrician, Code Official
Occupation
Electrical Inspector
There is a law in Pennsylvania that compells Inspectors to name the specific code section you violated. I imagine other states have this regulation. Exercise your right and ask them to do what they should have done in the first place. Like Mike Holt says, I don't talk code with anyone unless we both have a code book in front of us (or at least tell me what section they are referring to.)