Bonding for double insulated pool pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEYDOG

I have a question on article 680.26(b)(6)(a). The part where it says "where there is no
connection between the swimming pool bonding grid and the equipment grounding system for
the premises, this bonding conductor shall be connected to the equipment grounding conductor
of the motor circuit".

How do you accomplish that. Do you hook the bonding conductor in the receptacle box to the
equipment grounding conductor or what? Remember this is for a double insulated motor with no bonding lug on the motor.

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
I have a question on article 680.26(b)(6)(a). The part where it says "where there is no
connection between the swimming pool bonding grid and the equipment grounding system for
the premises, this bonding conductor shall be connected to the equipment grounding conductor
of the motor circuit".

How do you accomplish that. Do you hook the bonding conductor in the receptacle box to the
equipment grounding conductor or what? Remember this is for a double insulated motor with no bonding lug on the motor.

You are correct, it would terminate at the receptical outlet serving the pump.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I agree just connect it the box or take a piece of #12 from the equipment grounding conductor and use a split bolt to connect to the equipotential bonding conductor outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.