Bonding jumper for eccentric knockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_psuee

I was recently at a jobsite with the following wiring configuration:
Two 460V VFD feeds from the MCC are run in a common conduit with a single EGC into a junction box. In that box the EGC is bonded to the RMC and then it continues with power feed to VFD #1. The EGC is landed on VFD #1 ground and run back into the junction box. In the junction box it is part of six #10AWG cluster in a Blue wire nut. An EGC is run into VFD #2 ground and another is in an RMC run to VFD #1 disconnect through a ?T?, terminates on the ground lug. From that ground lug an EGC is run up to motor #1while another EGC goes from the ground lug back into the RMC and T?s over to VFD #2 disconnect. I have the following question, should the RMC entering the motor disconnects also have a bonding jumper? I did not see any notation in the disconnect that stated it was listed as suitable for bonding. I have looked at 250.96 and 250.97 and it appears to me that a bonding jumper is required where the RMC enters the motor disconnect through a factory eccentric knockout. The entire EGC set up looks bush league to me, and I am now trying to research if it is completely code compliant. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tony

earlydean

Re: Bonding jumper for eccentric knockout

I couldn't entirely visualize the situation, nor what you are asking. Sorry

tony_psuee

Re: Bonding jumper for eccentric knockout

Let me try and clear the mud. When a rigid conduit enters an enclosure through a factory knockout, is the EGC required to be tied to the conduit via a bonding screw on the conduit hub, or other suitable listed device? From looking at 250.97 I believe it does. However, at this location in one enclosure the bonding is used and in another it is not.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.