Bonding Location

Treyhagg

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
So I’ve got one I’m kind of at a loss for. Our local co-op has started using a meter base with 200A breakers built in to the base itself. My question is, would that be considered the first means of disconnect for the sake of bonding? Also, for context, we did a 320 can with parallel lugs for both legs of the hots and neutrals, but it only had a singular grounding lug so it made me question where the right place to bond would be and if I’m required to pull a ground to the meter in that instance.

Treyhagg

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No, I was feeding two separate transfer switches, and I misspoke, it was one lug for each leg of the hots, 4 in all, but two lugs for the neutrals and one singular ground lug

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
No, I was feeding two separate transfer switches, and I misspoke, it was one lug for each leg of the hots, 4 in all, but two lugs for the neutrals and one singular ground lug
Some POCOs, most of ours included, want you to land the GEC in the meter base. Therefore, you only need one lug in there.
If you're talking about the EGC running from the panel that is part of the meter base assembly, to other panels, there should be a lug for each EGC.