bonding main panel of metal pole building is it considered sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z91z711

New User
Occupation
tradesman
is the main panel of metal pole building considered sub panel, if ran from same transformer that the house is on ? I have a metal pole barn with a 200 amp service ran from the same transformer that the house is on with its own meter . Question (1) does this make this a sub panel or main ? the panel is a GE 200 amp with intended ground bar on the left of main bus in which the bonding screw is installed on and neutral bar on the right side of main bus , with a connecting link bar connecting both ground and neutral bars, the meter is directly behind the service panel with ground going to the ground on outside of building from meter box . As in the photos I attached it looks as though the GFCI'S are ran to the left side ground bar . Question (2) should I install a 8 ft ground rod outside of meter to tie the rod to sheet metal of barn and disconnect the bar connecting neutral bar ground bar in panel box, then run separate GROUND CARRYING ELECTRODES to each circuit

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry, or persons who do not perform electrical installation or maintenance as part of their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.