bonding porcelain tile around pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streets99

New User
Occupation
jack of all trades master of none
Hi. first time poster from Columbus, OH. I am building an ICF vinyl liner pool with 20mm porcelain tile over concrete patio. My rebar will be contiguous from the pool bottom, up the walls and out into the deck (much like the gunite pool picture I've seen on other threads from mike holts documentation). I will have a glass fence dividing the pool from my yard/other patio at 4ft from waters edge, the pool fence will likely be sitting on stainless steel legs that are bolted into the concrete (through the pavers).

I am posting as I have not been successful getting answers for 2 of my concerns and my inspector appeared to also not know the answer when I quizzed him at my footer pour, my questions are thus:
1. By fixing the porcelain tile to the concrete via mortar, does this sufficiently bond the tile and grout to the bonded concrete patio below the tile?
2. By bolting the metal fence legs into the bonded concrete deck are they effectively bonded?

picture of glass support

tia.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The forum rules do not allow us to assist in DIY projects.

This site is designed for:

• Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.