Bonding Portable Generator Skids to Portable Load Center Skid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My employer has 75 kW generators mounted on portable skid frames, load centers mounted on another skid and the motors mounted on other skids. This is 480 VAC, 3 ph, 150 amps with 0/1 conductors for power and 6 AWG for ground. The skids are for portable sand handling that transfers sand between portable silos and mixing equipment. When a job is completed, the skids and silos portable cords are disconnected and the skids are trucked to the next location where the plug-in flexible power cords are reconnected. A ground electrode is driven for the load center skid, but the others have no ground electrode.

At this time there are ground wires inside the flexible power cords that connecting power between the various skids. I believe that the skids all need to be be bonded together with a seperate conductor; not just the ground in the flexible cord. Based on the size of the power conductors, I believe that the bonding conductor should be a least 6 AWG copper. Am I correct?

If bonding is required, does anyone have suggestions about how to make the bonding connections reliable and yet convenient for the operators who setup and operate the skids?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.