Bonding PVC Jacketed MC

zzzzt

I’m new to HVAC systems and in an effort to satisfy requirements for an exposed run of the control cable I installed Southwire’s EZ-IN cable.

Then I found out they the HVAC equipment is nonmetallic.

So I figure I need to find a way to bond the AC armor to the EGC and look to connectors for EZ-IN. So far it’s only been the Diversitech connectors. I called Diversitech and they say that even though it has an aluminum body, the connection to the cable is insulated and does not make metallic contact with the armor.

I’m hoping to find someone familiar with this stuff.

Thanks for your help!

. I called Diversitech and they say that even though it has an aluminum body, the connection to the cable is insulated and does not make metallic contact with the armor.

I am actually not very familiar with PVC coated MC and it's fittings, but I'm extremely skeptical of that statement. The sheath of the MC is required to be bonded so I don't see how such a fitting could get listed, unless there is an assumption the fitting would only be used on one end and the sheath would be bonded by the connector on the other end (but I doubt it).

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Usually a part of the PVC coating is removed from the MC allowing metal to metal contact with the connector.
The Bridgeport connector instruction here, and assume the EZ-IN would have a similar criteria:

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
You can satisfy it with bonding one end.

Are the minisplit heads plastic where it comes in and are the condenser ko also plastic? If one is then it'll work.

Bond bushing would work but those connectors are packed in tight so I'd opt for locknut to metal enclosure first.