Bonding service

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAP

I have a underground service ran in PVC pipe, I have to swap out panel "service change" existing is a old zinsco ,Knock out for service is right in the middle of existing panel, I'm putting in a side by side new main, I need to move my PVC service conduit a few inches to the left, parts house does not have the PVC offsets, only the aluminum ones, if I use the aluminum offset do I have to bond it to panel thank you

iwire

Staff member
I have a underground service ran in PVC pipe, I have to swap out panel "service change" existing is a old zinsco ,Knock out for service is right in the middle of existing panel, I'm putting in a side by side new main, I need to move my PVC service conduit a few inches to the left, parts house does not have the PVC offsets, only the aluminum ones, if I use the aluminum offset do I have to bond it to panel thank you

Yes it would have to be bonded.

It might also be a listing violation.

kwired

Electron manager
Is it emerging from dirt or from concrete? Just dig it out and move it over if possible or else find or make something to bend it with. Blanket type heaters may allow you to bend it in place.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Recently i had a similar install that I cut back the PVC as far as I could and installed a new offset piece.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Not where I can verify right now but I believe offsets are listed for nipples BETWEEN BOXES

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
and to add fuel to then fire, I recall a question about offset nipples being used where higher fault currents are available such as services.

Status
Not open for further replies.