Branch Circuit Grounding of Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know when building Branch Circuit Power Cables in LFMC is it ok to have the home run ground wire and the grounding box pigtail connect at the receptacle? or should the home run ground wire go to the box ground screw then the grounding pigtail to the receptacle?

Thanks

I need to know when building Branch Circuit Power Cables in LFMC is it ok to have the home run ground wire and the grounding box pigtail connect at the receptacle? or should the home run ground wire go to the box ground screw then the grounding pigtail to the receptacle?

Thanks

If I understand your question correctly, you're talking about the continuity of the equipment grounding conductor. Read 250.148 (A) and (B) NEC 2008 edition. The grounding connections shall not be interfered with or depend on a device (ie receptacle) if a device is removed.

More Info

More Info

The Branch Circuit cables will go from a RPP to a server rack in the data center we wire the the receptacles using a ground condutor from the ground bar in the RPP to the receptacle that is in a weatherproof box with a ground screw. Should I run the ground condutor to the ground screw of the receptacle or the ground screw in the weatherproof box then use a grounding pigtail to the receptacle from the ground screw in the weatherproof box. Sorry if I have made more than it should be.

Thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The EGC is required to be connected to the box. A jumper to the receptacle is not required if you remove one of the insulating washers holding the 6-32 screw in place or use a self grounding device. {250.146(A)}

Status
Not open for further replies.