brand of linesman pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

What is everyone?s preference brand of linesman pliers?

I always liked Klein linesman?s pliers but recently I bought Greenlee. So far I like em

Any feedback is appreciated

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
Klein, that's why they call them kleins. No Klein channelocks, though, only Channelock channelocks.
we were working on a gate opener once and my tools were in my other truck,and my helper handed me a pair of cobalt diagonal cutters that were his,they were half rusty and would not half open,so i turned and threw them in a pond that was on the other side of the gate,i thought he was gonna cry,it was funny then but the next time we went to the supply house the joke was on me because he got a new klein pair ,,,on my account LOL

JJWalecka

arits74

"my helper handed me a pair of cobalt diagonal cutters that were his,they were half rusty and would not half open,so i turned and threw them in a pond"

Wow

I think you owed him more than a new pair of pliers, perhaps an apology.

arits74

Occupation
working owner electrician
arits74

"my helper handed me a pair of cobalt diagonal cutters that were his,they were half rusty and would not half open,so i turned and threw them in a pond"

Wow

I think you owed him more than a new pair of pliers, perhaps an apology.
well we both had a laugh about it and the apology was a new $30 pair of pliersLOL

JJWalecka

My first thought was that the pliers could have been a family heirloom handed down from his grandfather. I then thought of a descriptive word, to describe you, that is better left censored. LOL

Nice that you both had a good laugh about it later

mcclary's electrical

My first thought was that the pliers could have been a family heirloom handed down from his grandfather. I then thought of a descriptive word, to describe you, that is better left censored. LOL

Nice that you both had a good laugh about it later

My mind went through the EXACT sequence of events

GUNNING

9 inch D2000 9NE Klein

9 inch D2000 9NE Klein

I only use the orange handled Kliens. Found a few great deals on Ebay. $20 Blue handle D2000 9NE Kleins. Lots of auction Houses liquidating Electrical Supply Houses and Contractors. You can pick up just about anything cheap. A little warm, but cheap.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
After using (destroying) Kliens over the last couple decades, I decided to give Channelock a try.

lhEvZFei36Tv5AJBbaY5RNZnOv1PsqLeQlNyuvUywZ0VXgSJRlUiMM3Jxq6m6t8eL5L6sM2ceeyqLWc-5gHVrJIRgwxgIFhGxV7YoxGMMqUeszywhm8XtwHWJ65DYRwCtGT0_UiXBsV6QcT4V0WCKDit4JfzpWnyUQ

I LOVE them. No going back to Kliens for me!

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
jeremysterling

"only Rotosplit rotosplits" I feel the same. I'll break out the hacksaw in a pinch.

Tip:

Grab a piece of uni-strut, the narrow stuff, and lay the flex into it so the sides of the channel hold the flex. (I HATE chasing things around I am trying to cut!) Cut as close to the end of the strut as you can. With practice, in a few short strokes of Mr. Hacksaw, you have near perfect split, just a twist and you have a nice cut.

I have a piece of strut on my cart that I first set up for flex and then found it very useful for steadying any type of conduit.

Last edited:

hurk27

Laugh all you want
A few years ago I was at a very large discount warehouse type store where they sell buy outs and other cheep brands, I grabbed several of these insulated handle lineman's that had one of the handles bent over kind of like fencing pliers but insulated, they were only $3.99 so for that money I picked up about 10 pairs, after getting used to them, I cant even use Kline's anymore, and I can flip them around in my hand or use them to pull on a fish tape and the bend in the handle keeps them from slipping out of your hand, also after blowing out so many Kline's because of (it was supposed to be off) or breaking the cutters on bolts, $3.99 is much cheaper then $35.00 they also had these drywall saws that were razor sharp and cut out box openings like butter for $1.99 and yes I stocked up, I went back and bought out all they had, I think about 100 of them:roll: ya I know made in CH but there not bad and cut great, also good for straightening out wires in panels by pulling on them makes panel changouts much easier:grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Laugh all you want
A few years ago I was at a very large discount warehouse type store where they sell buy outs and other cheep brands, I grabbed several of these insulated handle lineman's that had one of the handles bent over kind of like fencing pliers but insulated, they were only $3.99 so for that money I picked up about 10 pairs, after getting used to them, I cant even use Kline's anymore, and I can flip them around in my hand or use them to pull on a fish tape and the bend in the handle keeps them from slipping out of your hand, also after blowing out so many Kline's because of (it was supposed to be off) or breaking the cutters on bolts, $3.99 is much cheaper then $35.00 they also had these drywall saws that were razor sharp and cut out box openings like butter for $1.99 and yes I stocked up, I went back and bought out all they had, I think about 100 of them:roll: ya I know made in CH but there not bad and cut great, also good for straightening out wires in panels by pulling on them makes panel changouts much easier:grin:
Inhale, man! :)

JJWalecka

K8MHZ

"Tip:

Grab a piece of uni-strut, the narrow stuff, and lay the flex into it so the sides of the channel hold the flex. (I HATE chasing things around I am trying to cut!) Cut as close to the end of the strut as you can. With practice, in a few short strokes of Mr. Hacksaw, you have near perfect split, just a twist and you have a nice cut.

I have a piece of strut on my cart that I first set up for flex and then found it very useful for steadying any type of conduit."

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. I was always taught to cut flex (green field) at a 45 degree angle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.