Brass Pipe Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAA96

New User
Occupation
DIY
Hello. I have an older pool and the light went bad as well as the existing 100w transformer (pool light is 12v). As I was removing all the old stuff, I noticed that the red brass 3/4” pipe coming from under the deck had broken. I have about 6” before it goes under concrete. I installed a new pentair 100w transformer and is suitable for direct connection to pool light wet nitch. My question is, how can I properly convert the brass pipe to pvc to finish the short run to the transformer box. I understand that this needs to be a watertight connection since it gets filled with water.

Also, alongside the brass pipe is a #8 copper wire that terminated into the j-box ground point. Should this be connected to the new metal j-box ground point, or should it actually be connected to the bonding lug (which is connected to the equipotential grid).

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Pool electrical wiring is critical it be done safely, per code and inspected. Mike Holt once said he would not swim in a pool with underwater lights. Get a pro to do this or take your chances.
And we are not able to assist DIYers per forum rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.