Broward County exam, Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I can take the Masters exam without having journeymen licenses? I?ve spoken to a few Electrical inspectors they seem to believe's it?s possible. I have over 15 years in the trade.

westernexplorer

Its is possible, from what I understand. However, you have to submit 7 years of experience in the electrical trade. If you have that much time, you may want to look at becoming State Certified by taking the State Electrical Contractor's exam.....Just an idea...

westernexplorer

You can test, and get approved by the board and place your license on inactive status......so one day if you decide to start a business, you will just have to take some continuing education classes....12 hours for each year of inactive status and get insurance and your on your way....

dcspector

You can test, and get approved by the board and place your license on inactive status......so one day if you decide to start a business, you will just have to take some continuing education classes....12 hours for each year of inactive status and get insurance and your on your way....

Good advice. I am on inactive status as we speak.

bphgravity

I would suggest the same thing. It's only going to get harder and harder to obtain a license here in Florida as legislation always seems to add more stringent requirements year after year. As long as you keep the license current, you can keep it on an inactive status for as long as you want and can make it active without much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.