bubble cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryR

Is there any four and a quarter inch deep bubble covers in the market ? I have a situation where the pool pump has a molded plug that measures four and a quarter from the end of plug body to the bent portion of the cord so theres no way I can close the cover I need a very deep single gang cover.Has any one else run into this situation? Thanks

TOOL_5150

GerryR said:
Is there any four and a quarter inch deep bubble covers in the market ? I have a situation where the pool pump has a molded plug that measures four and a quarter from the end of plug body to the bent portion of the cord so theres no way I can close the cover I need a very deep single gang cover.Has any one else run into this situation? Thanks

Would it be possible to cut the molded cord cap off, and install an angle plug?

~Matt

GerryR

buuble cover

buuble cover

Thanks guys for the reply I figured that was my alternative.Someday maybe the plugs will be manufactured for right angle for pumps since bubble covers are needed.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Maybe a deep cover combined with a recessed receptacle, such as a clock receptacle, would be deep enough.

aline

GerryR said:

I bought one of these at Home Depot once. They may have one there if your supplier doesn't have one.
See page H27 & H28 Model CKLSVL
http://www.thomasbetts.com/contractor/docs/reddot.pdf

http://kscdirect.com/item/THO+CKLSV...TLET+CVR%2C1.594%22+RCPT+RED+DOT+W%27PROOF%0A

GerryR

bubble cover

Thanks again for your input.Today I found a deep single gang bubble cover made from intermatic part number WP1150C measures four and three quarters have it in my hands just what I needed I hope this helps someelse in this situation.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.