Bubbler System Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bubbler system that is reading 22" for a 18" sump. Yet, during a visual inspection of the floor above the sump there is no water. We have checked the calibration for the transducer and digital display and it is within the calibration requirements. The range of the digital display is set to 0 - 72" to read the liquid level outside the sump due to constant overflow. We have blow down the dip tube several times to reduce any blockage in the tube with no change in the level reading. We are currently thinking that there is sludge in the sump which has changed the mA signal to cause this level inaccuracy. The rotameter is set at 1 scfm and is constant, so I am asking does any one have any ideas?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a bubbler system that is reading 22" for a 18" sump. Yet, during a visual inspection of the floor above the sump there is no water. We have checked the calibration for the transducer and digital display and it is within the calibration requirements. The range of the digital display is set to 0 - 72" to read the liquid level outside the sump due to constant overflow. We have blow down the dip tube several times to reduce any blockage in the tube with no change in the level reading. We are currently thinking that there is sludge in the sump which has changed the mA signal to cause this level inaccuracy. The rotameter is set at 1 scfm and is constant, so I am asking does any one have any ideas?
Are you using a pressure transducer or a magnahelic gauge for the level control set point? If it is a transducer, most of them require an external atmospheric pressure differential offset that is done via a small opening, often connected to a small plastic tube going outside of the panel in order to not be affected by the panel temperature. If that breather tube or opening gets blocked, it affects the transducer reading. I've run across many of them being blocked by spider webs that collect debris, or just bugs themselves looking for a place to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.