Burial under machine shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

Whats your take on conduits under 6'' of concrete (pvc and rigid) in a machine shed, would you view them as being under a building, or consider the interior as a driveway?

eds

Machine shed floor is 6'' of concrete, I want to ground rough conduits from panel to various locations, just debating whether i need to go deeper the just scratching conduits into gravel base before pour.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Machine shed floor is 6'' of concrete, I want to ground rough conduits from panel to various locations, just debating whether i need to go deeper the just scratching conduits into gravel base before pour.

A machine shed in this area means heavy equipment driving over the top of your conduit. IMO, that means 24".

Look at Art 511 as well.

I've been in farm buildings where you can see the route of the conduit via the cracks in the floor.

ammklq143

Occupation
Electrician
I'd say you're definitely under a building. In the past I've always used pvc in this situation and just scratched it in under finished grade enough to protect it until the concrete was poured. Might wanna keep an eye on it while the concrete contractors are working to make sure they don't damage it and maybe run a fish tape through it before they pour.

eds

I have seen the same type of cracks, and have often wondered why, when the conduit is below the rebar

Status
Not open for further replies.