Bushing

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
It doesn't pertain to EMT and other connectors.
Why? Because it says rigid conduit? The engineer will say it does pertain to EMT regardless of what NEC definition is. He'll say rigid conduit is intended to mean non flexible conduit.

It is technically Rigid Metal Conduit and not Rigid conduit so engineer may have case.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Why? Because it says rigid conduit? The engineer will say it does pertain to EMT regardless of what NEC definition is. He'll say rigid conduit is intended to mean non flexible conduit.

It is technically Rigid Metal Conduit and not Rigid conduit so engineer may have case.
Well they used the incorrect terminology so they're wrong. EMT is not even conduit it tubing.

Knightryder12

Occupation
Sr. Electrical Designer/Project Manager
Well they used the incorrect terminology so they're wrong. EMT is not even conduit it tubing.
I have never seen specs that have a different category for EMT. It is always under the section for conduit. I would say that this engineer will require it on all types of "rigid conduit". But this is when an RFI should be sent for clarification.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I inspected a job yesterday where they had bonding bushings on 16 conduits,,,,,, all PVC. the only thing getting bonded was the locknut.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I inspected a job yesterday where they had bonding bushings on 16 conduits,,,,,, all PVC. the only thing getting bonded was the locknut.
well...240.4(A)(2) would require that locknut to be bonded if the enclosure is nonmetallic :D