Business Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLSolutions

Im getting busier and trying to stay on top of the paperwork is getting really hectic. I was thinking of buying a tablet and running quick books. Anyone using this? Anything better, anything to steer clear of?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I use qb but I have it on my pc at home. I don't need it on my laptop. In fact, I rarely use my laptop (surface pro) for work.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Not sure what you mean by a tablet. QB is only for Windows. I really don't know much about their cloud based version. It might help you if you want to tote a laptop, are able to connect to WiFi where you are at the time and print out invoices back at the office when you get back. Unless you want to have a printer in your truck.

-Hal

kwired

Electron manager
Not sure what you mean by a tablet. QB is only for Windows. I really don't know much about their cloud based version. It might help you if you want to tote a laptop, are able to connect to WiFi where you are at the time and print out invoices back at the office when you get back. Unless you want to have a printer in your truck.

-Hal
Tablet to most is something with touch screen and no permanently attached keyboard. Can be Windows, Apple, Android...
QB "desktop" is the classic quickbooks program and only for Windows, maybe have a Mac version also, IDK. QB "Online" is subscription and cloud based and can use same company file information across about any device - all you need is proper login credentials to access your information.

I use Quick Book online, it can be used with a lap top, a tablet, and your phone. The internet based version is more detailed then the app as far as capabilities, but you can just log in to the internet version off your tablet or phone if you have to. You can add customers, create invoices, estimates, and receive payments with the app. You can even have the customer sign an invoice on the tablet. I use the pro version so I can enter bills and pay them through QB.
The Software version is definitely offers more functionality, but the online version is better suited for a mobile office.

LLSolutions

Perfect, this is what I was looking for. I know I won’t have every feature in the field but my main goal it to avoid having to go through daily reports and such once a week and spend half my time remembering what I used or how long I spent somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.