Buss Plug Accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGS

I have a 1000A buss plug currently installed and not in use. We want to use it for a new 600A mcc. The problem is the location of the plug. It is above a machine. My 05 code book is at work so I am looking through the 02, and between 368.12, 404.8 Exc 1 and 3, and exhibit 100.1 in the hand book I think it may be OK to leave it were its located and use it. Right now to maintnance it you would have to climb up on to a small catwalk above the machine and step over on the machine itself. What do you guys think. Thanks.

benaround

I have a 1000A buss plug currently installed and not in use. We want to use it for a new 600A mcc. The problem is the location of the plug. It is above a machine. My 05 code book is at work so I am looking through the 02, and between 368.12, 404.8 Exc 1 and 3, and exhibit 100.1 in the hand book I think it may be OK to leave it were its located and use it. Right now to maintnance it you would have to climb up on to a small catwalk above the machine and step over on the machine itself. What do you guys think. Thanks.

Quite often there will be a "stick" around that will reach the disconnect. I would not

recomend stepping on a machine, but I don't think you would be violating the NEC.

DAWGS

The engineer wanted to relocate it over about 3' so it would be directly above the machine, wich has a small platform and ladder going up to it. Doing this will not make it accessible from the groung with a buss stick. They are looking along the line of what would be the easiest for maintnance, but I think it will be a code violation. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a violation were it is located now.

Status
Not open for further replies.