buying light fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveng

i have a renovation in a school coming up and i need to replace the fixtures,
we have used the metalux by cooper 4 lamp t8's, recessed type, lay in.

what fixtures would you recommed?

looking at 250-300

ItsHot

lense type

lense type

ALso as you know, jobs as big as schools the specs will tell you what luminaires to use. In a school you may need to use the parobolic lense like you see in a book store????

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
ItsHot said:
ALso as you know, jobs as big as schools the specs will tell you what luminaires to use. In a school you may need to use the parobolic lense like you see in a book store????

or like you see in something like, say, a school. :D :D

tyha

we have done 2 schools and the fixtures you need to go with are 4 lamp T-8 's. alot of folks dont know it but they are cheaper than the 3 lampers for some reason. If you have a city or county electric supply in your area they carry a line called Tamlite that are the same quality as cooper and lithonia but about 15% less expensive.

steveng

thanks

thanks

;) ;)
tyha said:
we have done 2 schools and the fixtures you need to go with are 4 lamp T-8 's. alot of folks dont know it but they are cheaper than the 3 lampers for some reason. If you have a city or county electric supply in your area they carry a line called Tamlite that are the same quality as cooper and lithonia but about 15% less expensive.

thanks for the suggestions, i was looking at those tamlite fixtures, i like the ge ballast over the universal, they were less than the coopers, about 45 for 4lt8,

we have been relamping existing fixtures with the advance t8 ballast,
we have done approx 500-600 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.