Buzzing GEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
I'm doing this one over the phone because I'm in Charleston, SC and the customer is in Northern Virginia. Customer says GEC (solid #4 copper, I know the service fairly well but it's not my install) is buzzing. Any ideas. It's about 20 feet from the panel that it's the loudest and she says there is no sound at the panel. I can't get there until Friday.

Any ideas.

Thanks much,

Mark

Buck Parrish

Sounds unrelated to the GEC.
Ask her to call the hvac guys first. Since you can't get their right away any way.

Last edited:

Buck Parrish

Don't laugh but could there be honeybees inside the walls? I have heard of this situation before.

I ran in to a bumble bee nest today in a panel at a horse barn. They were not even buzzing.;) Not untill I disturbed them.
A little off topic.
But folks make sure you use knock out seals. Esspecially in barns. This panel was almost half ful of straw in side. From mouse nest.

Hey bussman enter "buzzing sound " in the search block on top of the page. You wouldn't belive what all it could be.

Last edited:

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
I did try a search for "buzzing" and found a lot of good stuff, but didn't find anything to explain this. I usually try to search first. There is a lot of good info in the archive. I hate to bother everyone unless I've done my work first.

Thanks,

Mark

Buck Parrish

I did try a search for "buzzing" and found a lot of good stuff, but didn't find anything to explain this. I usually try to search first. There is a lot of good info in the archive. I hate to bother everyone unless I've done my work first.

Thanks,

Mark

I don't think you we're bothering any one. I looked over on the search block, too. Their was so many :smile: that's why I suggested you look.
Let us know what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.