BX above drop ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Horsegoer, isn't there anybody in your company that can answer these questions for you? With all due respect, many of your questions would be cause to shut down many threads as being DIYer questions.

Roger

mtfallsmikey

If you mean that black iron pipe up there in yonder ceiling, that's sprinkler pipe, and will get a terse response from any AHJ if you support anything from that...

laketime

When you run bx above a 2x2 or gyp ceiling how is it supported. I know it to be attached to the black iron.

Thanks.

Caddy K8 clips to ceiling wires or black iron holding up the gyp ceiling. Feels good to have an answer in this place for once!:D

Rewire

Well it looks like I should not post here anymore.

ithink it is how you phrase your question, instead of asking "how do I do this" maybe you should try " I am looking at doing it this way ,does someone have a better method".

Not trying to pile on as I have used the forum to get quick answers but when looking for a better mouse trap it helps to know how you are currently catching them.

btharmy

Hang your own ceiling wires every 4ft. (my personal preference), or 4 1/2ft max for AC, or 6ft max for MC, tied off at the top and attached to the grid at the bottom with break away clips, b-line BA311 for example. Then hang from your own wires with cable clips, b-line bx8 for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.