Bypass Switch For "Load Selector"

SunFish

NABCEP Certified
Occupation
Sr. PV Systems Design Engineer
Anyone know of a transfer switch that can have one power source and two loads connected, so you can switch the power supply from one load to another? So basically a manual bypass switch (DPDT), but instead of two power sources (grid & generator) wire it up backwards with one power source connected to the "load" terminals and two loads each connected to one of the "line" terminals?

I'm assuming I can't actually use a manual bypass switch for this application since it probably isn't UL listed or designed for that application. For example the load terminal probably don't have insulating covers that would safely allow one to connect a source at that connection point.

If anyone knows of a product that could accomplish this I'd appreciate it! Looking for something rated 200 A.

PaulMmn

Banned
Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
You're asking for a standard main breaker load center, with the PV feeding the input lugs, and two breakers feeding the loads. You may have fun finding 200 A breakers for a standard load center, and you'll have to cobble an interlock to prevent more than one from being active at once.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
You're asking for a standard main breaker load center, with the PV feeding the input lugs, and two breakers feeding the loads. You may have fun finding 200 A breakers for a standard load center, and you'll have to cobble an interlock to prevent more than one from being active at once.
Could he use a double throw switch and two enclosed breakers?