C1 D2 seal-off questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peye

In a motor circuit....
The conduit containing the motor conductors have seal-offs at the boundary between the classified and unclassified area. Cool.
Just inside the classified area, the electricans have mounted a Nema 1 enclosure through which the motor leads are routed, and from there the motor conductors are further routed through several rigid conduits (threaded connectors) to the various motors. The conductors run through the N1 enclosure without wire nuts or otherwise spliced.
At the motors, the electricians have stubbed-out from the rigid conduit to the XP "pecker-head" using flexible seal-tight with appropriate fittings, and the XP "pecker-head" of course has wire nuts which connect the conductors from the motor starters to the motor leads.

Q1:
Are seal-offs required at the motor(s)?

Q2:
I have heard that "any" XP housing (not an I.S. circuit) in a C1 D2 area requires a seal-off, regardless of what is inside the housing, whether it have wire nuts, terminals or "whatever". Is this true?

Q3:
RTD sensor housed in an XP enclosure (not an I.S. circuit):
Seal-off required?

peye

Thanks, I figured it out already.

An RTD is a resistive device used to sense (measure) temperature (Resistive Temperature Device).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.