CA C-10 Trade Exam?

hitehm

Has anyone taken the California C-10 contractors trade exam lately? This is a closed book exam. I've never actually taken a closed book trade exam for any state since there are always questions you must refer to tables to answer. I'm a bit nervous about this one b/c the study material I purchased has plenty of NEC specific questions and calculations - box and conduit fill, ampacity with derate no less, gec/egc sizing, etc. Plenty of stuff there is no way I would even try to commit to memory. That's what tables are for.

Any help on where I should concentrate my studies would be great.

HEYDOG

Has anyone taken the California C-10 contractors trade exam lately? This is a closed book exam. I've never actually taken a closed book trade exam for any state since there are always questions you must refer to tables to answer. I'm a bit nervous about this one b/c the study material I purchased has plenty of NEC specific questions and calculations - box and conduit fill, ampacity with derate no less, gec/egc sizing, etc. Plenty of stuff there is no way I would even try to commit to memory. That's what tables are for.

Any help on where I should concentrate my studies would be great.
Not sure how Up to date this is. Here is a link! https://www.cslb.ca.gov/resources/studyguides/c10studyguide.pdf

hitehm

Thanks Heydog, I have this but unfortunately it doesn't indicate if I need to specifically know info buried in tables. I guess what I'm asking is, if it is a question like that, will they provide the table or do they actually expect me to memorize tables? Also just in general, what advice from anyone who took it recently to concentrate on the most?