cable in conduit cable end seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wire-Smith

what do you all use for end sealing cables, crouse hinds epoxy TSC? it isn't clearly labelled for this. what else is available?

i'm talking about when you run cable capable of transmitting gases in rigid, don't open the jacket in the seal off but seal the cable end in the enclosure where it terminates.

Dale001289

what do you all use for end sealing cables, crouse hinds epoxy TSC? it isn't clearly labelled for this. what else is available?

i'm talking about when you run cable capable of transmitting gases in rigid, don't open the jacket in the seal off but seal the cable end in the enclosure where it terminates.

If you were running ONLY multiconductor cable such as TC-ER or MC-HL (no conduit) you could use the TSC Epoxy Sealing compound along with a TMCX connector. But since the cable is routed within conduit, I believe you'll to have to use a conduit seal - such as EYS - open the jacket/separate the conductors and apply Chico compound.

Wire-Smith

If you were running ONLY multiconductor cable such as TC-ER or MC-HL (no conduit) you could use the TSC Epoxy Sealing compound along with a TMCX connector. But since the cable is routed within conduit, I believe you'll to have to use a conduit seal - such as EYS - open the jacket/separate the conductors and apply Chico compound.

i disagree 501.15(D)(2) exception

cable w/ gas/vapor-tight sheath

Wire-Smith

“Approved“ and “Approved Means” are not the same thing -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

110.2 Approval. "the conductors and equipment required or permitted by this code shall be acceptable only if approved.

informational note. see... definitions of approved....."

once again, code reference please. i don't subscribe to dales electrical code just NEC

means
mēnz/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

an action or system by which a result is brought about; a method.
put the two together and what do you have?

Dale001289

are you thinking of listed? its different

The sealant must be explosion proof vs nonexplosion proof or simply “minimizing gases “ such as duct seal - it must be listed or labeled. Once it has been listed by an approved means it can then be approved the AHJ

Wire-Smith

The sealant must be explosion proof vs nonexplosion proof or simply “minimizing gases “ such as duct seal - it must be listed or labeled. Once it has been listed by an approved means it can then be approved the AHJ

code reference please, not everything we use is listed, by what u r saying every electrical installation is in violation right now

Wire-Smith

TSC is listed for explosion-proof seals

and no seal completely seals out gases, all of them only minimize

why the h*** do you think the code allows this?

Wire-Smith

Exactly TSC is used with cable seals - why don’t you try reading from the beginning post pretty please

why don't you try reading the code book?

i agree tsc is for cable seals, always thought that. this post provides no good argument or information

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.