California Electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
By 2025 the California Energy Commission will outlaw all gas appliances, including propane. All new buildings (Commercial & Residential) will be all electrical. Are you read ?

mtnelect

Occupation
All new electrical panels in California must reserve a two pole position at the top of the panel for future solar panels.

mtnelect

Occupation
It gets better ... California homes with gas stoves are breathing levels of NOx that would be illegal outdoors while 1.7 million Californians are breathing levels of carbon monoxide that exceed outdoors levels !

mtnelect

Occupation
We install only "Ductless" HVAC systems. The old Forced Air Systems can't comply with the new California Energy Commission requirements. The CEC requires HERS ( Home Energy Rating Systems) inspections to require a 12% duct leakage to outside air. Contractors can't meet those standards. California is the leader for energy efficiency.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
We install only "Ductless" HVAC systems. The old Forced Air Systems can't comply with the new California Energy Commission requirements. The CEC requires HERS ( Home Energy Rating Systems) inspections to require a 12% duct leakage to outside air. Contractors can't meet those standards. California is the leader for energy efficiency.
So you advertising for what...
cali, electricians, hvac systems, what?

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I work on jobs everyday that pass HERS duct testing. I had to have my own house tested earlier this year. Passed easily. Sounds like you need better training on duct installation.

I agree that the politicians of CA are complete morons thinking going all electric is going to save the world. Where is the electricity going to come from? Natural gas generators? Nope, they say solar. Going to work really well in the winter especially really cloudy days. As it is now CA has to cut power to hundreds of thousands of customers on really hot summer days. I guess they will have to do the same on cold winter days. Actually they will have to cut power to all customers on cloudy days. Going to go over really well.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
why would anyone want to live in California. people are fleeing the state. Then they come up to spots like Oregon and try and make it another California. There is a reason they are fleeing. It’s not getting better either.
We need more Electrical Contractors ... move back to California !

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
By 2025 the California Energy Commission will outlaw all gas appliances, including propane. All new buildings (Commercial & Residential) will be all electrical.
The desire of law is not defacto. Like pharmaceuticals & fireworks, replacement appliances will be right across the border.

Even if natural gas was a controlled substance, and every appliance & shipping container could be checked, a majority of existing appliances will suck gas from their pipes for another 50+ years.

Plenty of time for typical political tides in CA to see another republican Governator, who perhaps joins forces with conservatives in DC, to subsidize gas & coal-fired power generation, and tax renewables enough to drive prices higher than fossil fuels.

It gets better ... California homes with gas stoves are breathing levels of NOx that would be illegal outdoors while 1.7 million Californians are breathing levels of carbon monoxide that exceed outdoors levels !
Most likely from old pilot-lit appliances, which burn the candle 24/7, kept alive by the slum lords of the rental sector.

And then there's NOxious gas from occupants. If a pilot was lit under me, on any given day, I could beat the space shuttle to 80,000 feet

g3guy

Going to work really well in the winter especially really cloudy days. As it is now CA has to cut power to hundreds of thousands of customers on really hot summer days. I guess they will have to do the same on cold winter days. Actually they will have to cut power to all customers on cloudy days. Going to go over really well.

Batteries!

How can Mr Musk become a trillionaire if we don't buy Tesla battery power.

Also, our neighbors to the north always knew that hydro was the only sensible way to generate electricity.

What with global warming and more ice melting, the increased flowing water makes it even better.

No need to get technical here folks.

So calm down, as usual, we humans have it covered.

mtnelect

Occupation
Update: Just checked in with the California Energy Commission and the people who live in urban areas of the state are furious on the possibility of loosing propane !

Status
Not open for further replies.