Can a licensed Specialty Electrical Contractor (Florida) do work for a non-licensed that is running network and camera cabling on the same job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModularMan

Occupation
Owner
Here's the scenario: I carry an ES Specialty license (Florida) and do mostly electronic access control work. Another contractor who provides network and video camera cabling has asked me to do their access control work on the same job where they are running the camera and network cabling. I would be doing the access control work only. The first problem is that they are not licensed, which is a red flag, but I am also pretty sure that I can't legally perform work for another contractor on the same job if they are not licensed and I am not contracted to function as their qualifier, even if I am only doing the access control work and they are only doing the network and camera work. I know there's multiple issues here and I am trying to put together the easiest way for them to understand that I cannot work with them this way ... any suggestions or similar scenarios anyone can share?

Status
Not open for further replies.