Can I use this switch to control a 1/2 hp 115vac motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
I have a 1/2 hp 115vac motor for an actuator. I’m wanting to use this switch to retract or extract the actuator. Basically up on the switch moves the cylinder till it hits a limit switch snd then shuts off. Put the switch in the down position and the cylinder goes down until it hits the limit switch inside the actuator housing…

Attachments

• 72A809F7-5E29-47AA-898F-BD69BE2B1E3A.jpg
    72A809F7-5E29-47AA-898F-BD69BE2B1E3A.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 19

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
I have a 1/2 hp 115vac motor for an actuator. I’m wanting to use this switch to retract or extract the actuator. Basically up on the switch moves the cylinder till it hits a limit switch snd then shuts off. Put the switch in the down position and the cylinder goes down until it hits the limit switch inside the actuator housing…
Are you asking if it’s suitable for your intended use, or if the function of it will work the way you want to?

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
I’m trying to make sure there are no code violations. I’m basically going to use the switch to control the 1/2 hp actuator up and down turn it up the actuator moves up until it hits limit switch in the cylinder and shut off. Put the switch in the down position it moves it the opposite direction until it his the second set of limit switches

Status
Not open for further replies.