can in closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwalker

Re: can in closet

Thanks i was pretty sure it was a no but my suprvisor seemed to think it was ok.Solution seems to be shower trim.Also if im reading this right it can be as close as 6 inches to the shelf.Correct me if im wrong please.

Personally i do not understand why they wanted a can.Very poor light for the money.

physis

Jim. read 410.8 (B) and (C)

The answer is no!

And parenthetically, I really like the idea of using a shower trim in a closet.

[ August 15, 2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

jimwalker

I will show him why we cant tuesday.I got a house dumped on me and i am rusty on a few things.2nd house in last 1 1/2 years. Was sharp on residential back when i did 1 every week.The mind forgets things,guess im getting old.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Really! Plus, code books get expensive when you have to buy one every second job. :D

physis

Wait just a second.

Bryan,

looking at your signature it seems you might be enjoying a new vocation,

is that true?

allenwayne

Jim it is 6 in. from shelf edge and must have the requiered 40 watt bulb that an enclosed trim is allowed.I did a home on Davis Island a few years ago and all the closets had cans in the closets on dimmers :D Another strange thing was that all receps in all 7 bedrooms were 1/2 switched.Didn`t take but about 3 months and we were called to change that stupid idea ;)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Allen, I would have suggested compact fluorescents. You can get 100-watt equivalent at arround 26 watts.

As for split wiring (if that's what you meant), I personally like the scheme. You can always change one receptacle by moving the pigtail.

allenwayne

Well compact flouresents might have been ok but in addition to cans in all closets specs called for dimmers too.As far as every receptacle in all bedrooms to be 1/2 switched that`s plain dumb :D

jimwalker

me three
I think its a great idea.Lets owner change mind without big rewire.

Had no more words about the can trims today.2 shower trims just simply got delivered.Whats with the 40 watts bulb thing ? thats crazy what will we see.OOOPS needs dimmer hurt my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.