Can't find Homeline GFIs in 30A single pole ANYWHERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrj567`

Master Electrician
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
So my question is if Square D even makes these GFIs in single pole 30s? I know Homeline breakers are the ONLY breakers listed for use in Homeline panels, which is super convenient for Square D all while being mega inconvenient for us!

Do y'all have any suggestions on a different manufacturer that makes a single pole 30 gfi that I can install temporarily to get the customer power? I know Eaton BRs are NON CTL and fit fine in Homeline so I was thinking that might be a good temp fit. I have to pass inspection so I'll need the correct Homeline breaker soon, but it may be an issue if they don't even make the breaker! I've never once needed a single pole 30 gfi so this is a first, and of course Homeline would be the worse panel for finding the breaker...

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I was at a campground in Alabama where a woman and her sister was camping at the site next to me couldn’t get power to her camper, kept tripping the gfi. The campground maintenance guy went back to find a non-grounding adapter as his fix for it. :eek:She said her husband just rewired it, and it worked fine at the house. I said I would take a look at it, where’s the breaker panel? She said it’s under the storage compartment. After crawling into a storage compartment, found it in the very back! Opened the panel, sure enough, the neutral and ground was landed on the neutral bar of the new panel he put in! LOL!

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
I just installed a sub panel fed from a 50A gfci via the main panel next to it. It does a number of 'plugmoulds' in the kitchen and pantry.

No issues so far........~RJ~

Russs57

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
They make inline L5-30 pigtails with GFCI protection. If it was hardwired would that pass inspection? They do sell them without cord caps.

mrj567`

Master Electrician
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
They make inline L5-30 pigtails with GFCI protection. If it was hardwired would that pass inspection? They do sell them without cord caps.
My inspector would fail me for that out here. That is of course if he decided to open the box that day!

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
Don't know if they make a faceless GFCI in 30 amp that you could feed from a std breaker.

Or put in a 2 circuit panel (not Homeline) with a 30 a GFCI fed from a standard breaker in the Homeline

It sucks but you would be done

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Don't know if they make a faceless GFCI in 30 amp that you could feed from a std breaker.

Or put in a 2 circuit panel (not Homeline) with a 30 a GFCI fed from a standard breaker in the Homeline

It sucks but you would be done

Hubble makes several options including 120V along the lines of a faceless, would need to wire into panel. Very similar to some circuit and whole house surge proection I've used.

paulengr

According to the Square D engineer I talked to about a VFD they got hit with the chip shortage and can’t keep up with demand on any product line that requires a chip. It will get better but that’s months out.

Status
Not open for further replies.