Carlon Old Work Boxes (SuperBlue vs Zip Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornbln

Why would one use a Carlon SuperBlue old work box as opposed to the cheaper Zip Box? Why would one need to use a more rigid box in old work?

"Carlon SuperBlue boxes are so strong they won?t crack or break, even in extreme environments. So rigid, they resist flexing and hold their shape even under the worst conditions."

TOOL_5150

One of the main things I like about the superblue boxes is that all you have to do is put in a divider and you can have line voltage and low voltage in the same box.

~Matt

kornbln

Yes I did notice that only the SuperBlue boxes support the low voltage divider. I just dont see any other reason to use them. ???

All that I can say is that I'm with you. Since those came out I have been curious what benefits they have over regular boxes. It will be interesting to see if someone comes up with a reason I have not thought of. Every once in a while I'll pull out a box that has been riding in the truck for a while that has been mushed out of shape (more of a parallelagram than a rectangle) so I guess there is some added benefit there. The only problem I've ever had with boxes cracking is those Allied Molding fiberglass ones. Now those I despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.