Cat 3 wire connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregleck

I currently have four ATT 944 phones in my office - each carries four telephone numbers.

I wired each phone with cat 3 cable (four pairs to each phone, each pair carrying one telephone number). Each phone is a home run from the phone to interface box.

This works great.

Now, I would like to add eight more phones, each with the same four telephone numbers as the first four.

Home runs on these additions will be tough - the interface box terminals (red and green) are simply short metal terminals and they are getting crowded. (see photo) This is an analog system.

telephone - analog interface  terminals.JPG

How would I put two or three phones on a loop, as opposed to home runs? What type of junction or connector can I use to splice the wires for the other phones in the loop?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.