Cause of death undetermined

david

Two adult men om a back yard swimming pool on the 4th of July, Pine Township, Pittsburgh area.
One person could be anything, but two facilities in the same swimming pool on the same day.
Each of us here will think of all the rules that the NEC implemented to try snd prevent this from happening.
Just hoping whoever wired the pool followed them

kwired

Electron manager
Why undetermined? Medical examiner should be able to reasonably tell whether we need to look for electrical issues in the pool or if something else was the cause of death.

I realize sometimes a family won't want to pay for medical examiner, but when there is any kind of suspicious situation I don't know there is any choice of not having enough of an examination to at least determine cause of death to help rule out whether there is any criminal intent, and family may not necessarily need to pay in that situation.

david

Why undetermined? Medical examiner should be able to reasonably tell whether we need to look for electrical issues in the pool or if something else was the cause of death.

I realize sometimes a family won't want to pay for medical examiner, but when there is any kind of suspicious situation I don't know there is any choice of not having enough of an examination to at least determine cause of death to help rule out whether there is any criminal intent, and family may not necessarily need to pay in that situation.
Perhaps it will get up-dated, I'm sure the must have closed the pool in the meantime

kwired

Electron manager
Perhaps it will get up-dated, I'm sure the must have closed the pool in the meantime
Your OP says back yard swimming pool. Some wording after that doesn't quite make sense - a second fatality occurred in same back yard pool or maybe it was a second one in same neighborhood?

You wouldn't think anyone would use the pool after the first fatality. In fact many people may never use their pool again if a fatality occurs in it, especially if were deemed to be an electrocution - they just wouldn't trust it anymore regardless how much effort went into fixing whatever was wrong.

david

Your OP says back yard swimming pool. Some wording after that doesn't quite make sense - a second fatality occurred in same back yard pool or maybe it was a second one in same neighborhood?

You wouldn't think anyone would use the pool after the first fatality. In fact many people may never use their pool again if a fatality occurs in it, especially if were deemed to be an electrocution - they just wouldn't trust it anymore regardless how much effort went into fixing whatever was wrong.
Both men were found at the same time in the same swimming pool no witnesses just someone concerned, looking for there relative when he didn't return home, no other details released over the holiday

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Both men were found at the same time in the same swimming pool no witnesses just someone concerned, looking for there relative when he didn't return home, no other details released over the holiday
So, these two didn't even belong there? Just jumped the fence and went for a swim in somebodies pool? Sounds like drugs to me.

-Hal

david

So, these two didn't even belong there? Just jumped the fence and went for a swim in somebodies pool? Sounds like drugs to me.

-Hal
No one said that I assume one of them didn't live there.
Today with cell phones, you know how responsive someone you talk often to is. If someone dosnt show up home within reason you call them, text them, call them back and finally go check on them.

david

I think it's a bit premature to assume electrocution was the cause.

-Hal
I think so as well, but I would check if the lighting is 120 volt and I would check if it's on a time clock.

Sure there could be other causes, what I said was every time something like this happens we think of the provisions of the NEC to try and prevent something like this

david

We do our best to provide pathways for current to be useful and safe. Such a young man adds to the sadness. Each of us who have lost someone we love know there really isn't anything that we can say, that takes away that deep sense of lost in the rawness of that event.

We here can only do our best and try and make a difference.