cctv how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client with small out building approx. 200' from the main house. She wants an internet connection (hard wired). She currenty recieves signal however cannot send anything. I was thinking an amplifier would help, from seeing the other forum posts on cctv, removing and or minimizing splitters between the cable box and the run to the out building. Is there anything else I am overlooking?
Scott

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
In my opinion, the incoming cable, ahead of anything else, should be split and sent to the second building, and a second modem should be installed there.

Internet will not work through cable boxes.

sparky59

make sure the internet line is on the first split at the house...and doesn't have anymore splits to the cable modem. An amplifier will only work with a tv signal...it doesn't work for sending a signal. It also depends on how strong the cable signal is in your neighborhood. Mine wasn't strong enough to keep an internet connection and i finally had to change to DSL over the phone line, which works really good for me.

Brady Electric

cctv

cctv

I agree with all but sometimes I refer them to the cable company and in some case the cable company will set a new pad nearer the house and they have great reception and I am off the hook and everyone is happy. Some jobs are better left alone because you know which way #### flows (down hill). Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.