Ceiling Fan Downrods

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I was looking online for an angle mount fan bracket. I found the angle mount brackets but I kept seeing downrods for angled ceilings. What would be the difference between just a downrod and one for an angled ceiling? They both look the same to me.

retirede

The ones I’ve seen use the same type of rod for angle and straight mount. For angled ceilings, the mount had a “slope adapter” that the rod attaches to. The rod always ends up vertical.

83265181e1843132755c2fa4b0f471e1.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
The ones I’ve seen use the same type of rod for angle and straight mount. For angled ceilings, the mount had a “slope adapter” that the rod attaches to. The rod always ends up vertical.

83265181e1843132755c2fa4b0f471e1.jpg
I know about the adapter, I was asking about the downrods. I can't see what would make them different.
The one posted above looks like it likely is intended to work on steeper pitch than most that you commonly see.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Was that a serious reply or a joke?

A down rod for a horizontal ceiling can be arbitrarily short, as needed based on roof height and desired fan placement.
A down rod for an angled ceiling has a minimum required length based on the angle, and the blade length.
I was serious. I get what you meant on the length now. Lol I thought the extra length was a given to clear fan blades