ceiling fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesparky

I am being asked to purchase and install several decorative outdoor ceiling fans for a porch area. Any body know a good place to shop? Probably a website as we are in the middle of nowhere.

Any help will be appreciated.

mdshunk

Not so many choices in outdoor paddle fans. Seems you're just as likely to get as good of a selection of them at the local home center as anywhere else. Even for my own house, I have a hard time picking out fixtures from an online picture or a catalog picture. I really need to see the thing with my own two eyes.

ultramegabob

I installed 4 on a dining patio for a restaurant about a month ago, picked them up at lowes, they cost around 150 each. they had about 4 or 5 models to choose from on the shelf at the time, I went with a simple black model with a short downrod, they went with decor pretty well... you can get some pretty cool looking ones, but they get real pricey really fast...

benaround

ultramegabob said:
I installed 4 on a dining patio for a restaurant about a month ago, picked them up at lowes, they cost around 150 each. they had about 4 or 5 models to choose from on the shelf at the time, I went with a simple black model with a short downrod, they went with decor pretty well... you can get some pretty cool looking ones, but they get real pricey really fast...

And they were all rated for outdoor use?

active1

I hate to push this place but Home Depot has a Gazebo Plus fan for less than $100. All white. Comes with a optional light kit and bulbs. Goes together OK. Does not come wit a speed control. Plastic blades, a few rubber parts but nothing special. Outdoor rated. Most of the time the drop rods that come with it are too short. There are others that are much more money and harder to get I guessing because I have the customers get those.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mdshunk said:
I really need to see the thing with my own two eyes.
I'm the same way; I gotta pick it up and play with it before I buy it, even at the supply house. :)

Think about how much more stuff they'd sell if they let us wander the aisles with shopping carts. :roll:

Jhaney

If I wandered the isle of my supply house with a shopping cart I would be broke and my wife would be kicking my butt. Its bad enough I wander back in the stock room and pick up what ever I want (good thing I can only fit so much in my arms)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.