Central Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

The DACT is not on the symbol list. I believe it's a dialer. What's the usual wiring scenario to get a connection the central station?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1

ryant35

Typically a DACT communicates with the FACP via relays, alarm, trouble, & supervisory. Unless the FACP & DACT have a compatible method of communication like an annunciator bus or RS-232.
This would depend on what model FACP & DACT you have. Most FACP models now have a DACT built-in or one that can be added inside the FACP cabinet.

In the older days the DACT would communicate to central station via 2 phone lines. Now NFPA 72 requires two separate methods of communication, 1 phone line, 1 IP, cellular, or radio dialer. Otherwise you could use a solepath dialer like the Telluar TG7 cellular dialer.

Fire Pro

Occupation
Owner/CEO of Fire Pro
Central Station

Either 2 phone lines, 1 dedicated and 1 seizure, or a radio dialer. The most common I know of are AES and Telguard.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Typically a DACT communicates with the FACP via relays, alarm, trouble, & supervisory. Unless the FACP & DACT have a compatible method of communication like an annunciator bus or RS-232.
This would depend on what model FACP & DACT you have. Most FACP models now have a DACT built-in or one that can be added inside the FACP cabinet.

In the older days the DACT would communicate to central station via 2 phone lines. Now NFPA 72 requires two separate methods of communication, 1 phone line, 1 IP, cellular, or radio dialer. Otherwise you could use a solepath dialer like the Telluar TG7 cellular dialer.

In the old days it was still 2 methods and it was two phone lines because POTS lines were considered the gold standard for reliability. Even back to 2002, though, you could use an alternate method for line 2, but line 1 HAD to be a POTS. Now POTS is only allowed, not required, and as the secondary. How times change.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Either 2 phone lines, 1 dedicated and 1 seizure, or a radio dialer. The most common I know of are AES and Telguard.

I have used AES and they are very good. The also come with a dialer so you don't need a separate box for the alternate path.

Status
Not open for further replies.