Challanger Tandem CB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

I'm having some trouble locating a couple of Challanger tandem cb's (20/20 and/or 15/15; 120V). The supply houses nearest me carry mostly Sq. D. I can get Murray, Bryant and a couple other flavors.

I know somone here will know if there are any suitable substitutions for the Challangers.

A little help...

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Challenger was purchased by Crouse Hinds. They sell breakers listed for Challenger panelboards.

templdl

A couple of weeks ago I provided a link to a PDF file copy of a letter from UL with regard to C-H residential breakers for use with Westinghouse, Challenger, and Bryant load centers which had basically but ignored. I had suggested that copies be made and kept with the service trucks for reference. When a C-H breaker is used as a substitute for any of the breakers as included in the subject letter the electrician can simply attach or enclose a copy with the loadcenter for the AHJ to review if required.
You will note that the Challenger breaker in question is most likely included in this letter and a C-H replacement shown. It should be of the 'BR' family of breakers.
It may not be a good use of my time to research and post references such as this one in the future.
The breakers in question essentially revolve around those breakers originally manufactured by Westinghouse and name branded as Challenger, and Bryant.
Eaton purchased the division from Westinghouse and combined it with their C-H division.

celtic

Thanks folks....that .pdf will come in handy - and keep iwire from hitting 12k posts by years end ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.