Challenger Panel breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPuma07

So I'm looking to replace/add some new breakers to my home panel and I know Challenger was bought out by Cutler Hammer a while back so was wondering about the proper replacement breakers. Most of them are HACR which I know are no longer necessary and they have the side hook to them. Was wondering what ones I can use to replace these as I mostly do commercial work and haven't dealt with residential much.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 20

ElPuma07

That's a lot of what I had been seeing just wasn't sure if I needed to match the side hook aspect of the old breakers or if other snap ins work

anthonysolino

So I'm looking to replace/add some new breakers to my home panel and I know Challenger was bought out by Cutler Hammer a while back so was wondering about the proper replacement breakers. Most of them are HACR which I know are no longer necessary and they have the side hook to them. Was wondering what ones I can use to replace these as I mostly do commercial work and haven't dealt with residential much.

Thanks for any help!

check these out

I do not know if these are classified for challenger or not, but you should call your supplier they will tell you what ones are classified for the use!

shortcircuit2

I have heard of some issues on older Challenger panels. Something about the plastic around the bussing melting from overheating.

Pull all the breakers and check the panelboard interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.