Change in the electrical components and Installation layout for the MV diesel generator with different power rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajinkya230992

New User
Occupation
Student
Hello all,

Presently I am working on a Task where I Need to evaluate the changes in the electrical components and installation layout for a 3 MWe vs 4 MWe MV(13.8 KV) diesel generator with power factor 0.8? When it comes to power Installation above 50 MWe, one only sees the less units of the 4 MWe Generator units required. My Intention is to find out how the increasing generator power Rating changes the size and capacity of the components like genset mounted circuit breaker, tie breaker, Feeder cables, paralleling switchgear components (vaccum circuit breaker, surge arresters, relays etc) and any other key components outside this.

In one discussion I found a Reply from Mr. Ron stating that "
From a high level, if the power ratings are the same, for example 3MW @ 480V vs 3MW at 13.8kV, the generator construction, fuel consumption, operating characteristics, efficiency and others will be essentially the same.
"

I want to study this Information on more lower/Detail Level.

I would really appreciate Knowledge Transfer from different experts in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.