Chicago area Commonwealth Edison rule book

g-and-h_electric

Occupation
supervising electrician
Hey guys

I need some help locating a Commonwealth Edison electric service rule book for COMMERCIAL installations. Google, etc hasnt been much help.

Long story short, I have a commercial repair job. The building has 4 separate 200 Amp underground single phase services on it. All the original conductors were in rigid conduit underground installed around 1990. the conduits all rotted out and the conductors faulted. We had the parking lot excavated and installed PVC raceways ( with the local AHJ's blessing..... WE called Com Ed to de-enregize the transformer so that we could place our new elbows just below the top of the concrete pad the transformer sits on, and were told no "it isnt done this way on single phase commercial service". I met with the AHJ today, and again he confirmed we need to come up to the at least center of the thickness of the pad. I have reached out to "new business" at Com ED, but they can move at "glacial speed".

My customer is running on a rented gennie, for about the last month, and it is costing him a fortune. So I am hoping maybe one of the guys in the Chicago area has a link to some info that will confirm or not, the info the line crew gave us last Friday afternoon... This was not engineering or a new business supervisor , just a field crew.

Any ideas?????

Howard

g-and-h_electric

Occupation
supervising electrician
Thank you! :)

The book was a good read. Unless I missed it, it doesnt address the issue on a commercial job where single phase underground conductors are in a raceway, and how they should be brought into a pad mounted transformer. Meter pedestal no problem, but the AHJ, wants, and rightfully so, an elbow from the raceway turned up to the transformer pad. I cant seem to find anywhere that addresses this situation.. Maybe I missed it???

Howard

g-and-h_electric

Occupation
supervising electrician
Still not showing a raceway with the conductors in it, which under the edge of a parking area, along the building makes sense... I guess I am going to have to "patiently" wait for the engineer to call me........

howard