Chicago Electrical Code Question-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor'sTwin

Hey fellas, Got a 2 questions stuck in my craw and trying to get some clarity for my next round with the C.E.C. Exam... I've referenced the C.E.C. multiple times on this, and still can't sleep at night with what I would believe is a correct answer. I've seen these questions both times that I've taken the test, and am assuming that I'll see them again. Any help would be appreciated.. So here is basically what (from what I remember at least) the two questions:

What does the Chicago Code NOT require an emergency system for?

When adding or remodeling electrical in an existing building, who is responsible for making sure that it meet Chicago Code requirements?

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Not being from the area I can't say for sure, But my guess would be that the first one is in the scope and the second one is in the admin section.

Electricians

Do you have any options to choose from for the emergency systems question?? When i took the test, i remember that question, but cannot remember the 4 choices for a correct answer.

As far as the responsibility question goes, i would be curious to see what the forum thinks the correct answer could be. I too have looked in the Code, but cannot find a definitive answer.

Smart $

Esteemed Member

As far as the responsibility question goes, i would be curious to see what the forum thinks the correct answer could be. I too have looked in the Code, but cannot find a definitive answer.
I can only surmise...

Ultimately, I'd say the property owner.

An EC is just an extension of the property owner's responsibility.

Also the inspector shares some of the responsibility... but likely cannot be held liable for overlooked violations.

However, being an exam for CEC, the [most] correct answer may not be the desired answer, as with many of these types of tests. I'd opt for contractor... :happyyes::happyno: ...but may opt otherwise if the other questions seem to illicit accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.