Circuit Breakers-Half space

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUNEBUG 88

Years ago, we needed to have more space available on our main circuit breaker panel for A/C and other improvements in house and it was suggested at the time we replace the normal width breakers with the half space breakers of same capacity. We did that and then had ample room for more circuits.
But in doing that the BUS bars only had a the first quantity of connection screws available.
I did not see a problem in doubling up single individual circuits on those neutral and Ground connection screws as an electrician had doubled up one already.
Now, we have a situation where we may have to get an inspection on an addition and I am fearing the worst on those doubled up connections on the neutral and ground BUS bars.
Is it reallycode or am I looking at more cost for the addition for a new panel? I also do not want to buy all new breakers!!
Sorry if I do not have any of the terminology correct.

jrannis

JUNEBUG 88 said:
Years ago, we needed to have more space available on our main circuit breaker panel for A/C and other improvements in house and it was suggested at the time we replace the normal width breakers with the half space breakers of same capacity. We did that and then had ample room for more circuits.
But in doing that the BUS bars only had a the first quantity of connection screws available.
I did not see a problem in doubling up single individual circuits on those neutral and Ground connection screws as an electrician had doubled up one already.
Now, we have a situation where we may have to get an inspection on an addition and I am fearing the worst on those doubled up connections on the neutral and ground BUS bars.
Is it reallycode or am I looking at more cost for the addition for a new panel? I also do not want to buy all new breakers!!
Sorry if I do not have any of the terminology correct.

Some terminals are rates for two conductors. Hire a licensed electrician to come out and read the label in the panel to make sure.

zappy

Hey dennis..

Hey dennis..

Dennis Alwon said:
Neutrals or grounded conductors cannot be doubled up even if the terminal is rated for 2 wires
do you have a code # with that statement?Thank you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.