Class 1 and private garages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if a private garage, that does side work on diesel trucks, would be considered a class 1 location? It's not a commercial business so I'm not sure. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

kwired

Electron manager
Might come right down to does zoning laws even let them do this activity at that location.

Hobby shop maybe is allowed, and is not ordinarily going to have a classified area, but if they figure out the guy is profiting they may try to shut it down.

If zoning isn't a problem - AHJ or even insurance provider is who needs to make that call.

Do you mean Class I?

Unless the diesel is being stored/used above it's flash point (about 50*C / 120*F) it would not typically be considered an explosion hazard.

This might occur in an outdoors storage tank, but probably not in the garage itself.

kwired

Electron manager
Do you mean Class I?

Unless the diesel is being stored/used above it's flash point (about 50*C / 120*F) it would not typically be considered an explosion hazard.

This might occur in an outdoors storage tank, but probably not in the garage itself.
Something tells me OP wasn't as concerned about diesel being stored but instead whether art 511 applies because of the vehicle repairs that are happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.