Class 1 Div 2 Group C & D

Mehdi

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am working on a project where I have 3 enclosures (MCC 380V, 24V DC PLC Control Panel and 24 VDC Operator Control Panel). We never done this before. All enclosures are NEMA 12/ IP52. I have few questions, and your answers will help me to understand and learn in deep.
1. Where I can rea code for C1, D2, G C&D?
2. Does all of them require purge enclosure? Or we can say 24VDC doesn't require.
3. As all of these are in hazardous location but different rooms and control one machine, how should I control purge system, individually or one main will cut power for all other enclosures.
I hope you will understand my questions. Thank you.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The answer to your questions is not easily answered from what little information you have shared.

It would be rare to have a 380 V MCC in the US.

There are multiple means of protection allowed in classified areas. None of them depend on the voltage.

Take a look at article 500, 501, and 502 in the code.

Mehdi

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The answer to your questions is not easily answered from what little information you have shared.

It would be rare to have a 380 V MCC in the US.

There are multiple means of protection allowed in classified areas. None of them depend on the voltage.

Take a look at article 500, 501, and 502 in the code.
We are building this machine for China. I got more information that we need only one enclosure with purge system and MCC & PLC cabinets are not required to have purge system.
Thanks for pointing out the code. I will look into.
I was nervous how to control 3 panels on single machine with purge system, we never done this before and now it is going to be one. I think I can do this. But still need to study and learn.
Thanks!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
We are building this machine for China. I got more information that we need only one enclosure with purge system and MCC & PLC cabinets are not required to have purge system.
Thanks for pointing out the code. I will look into.
I was nervous how to control 3 panels on single machine with purge system, we never done this before and now it is going to be one. I think I can do this. But still need to study and learn.
Thanks!
It seems odd that they would accept us style standards in china. Is the place it is going using the NEC?